Bookings and Site Use Terms & Conditions
By using travel.com.au (the "Site") and/or purchasing products or services through travel.com.au you are
agreeing to the following terms and conditions. "We", "us" and "our" refers to A.C.N 079 010 772 Pty Limited trading
Bookings made through the site
- We act as disclosed agent for third party suppliers and your contract is directly with them. Bookings are subject to the supplier’s terms and conditions and policies and you should read these before proceeding with your booking. Our role as agent is limited to facilitating bookings and arranging documentation, payments and refunds, as applicable.
- By making a booking through the Site you warrant that you are at least 18 years old.
- Without affecting any of your statutory consumer rights that cannot be lawfully excluded or limited: a) we will not be liable for any losses, damages, liability, claims or expenses (howsoever caused, including negligence, and whether direct, indirect or consequential) arising from the use of or connected with our site or any products or services purchased on our site or any linked site, and b) we make no warranty or representation as to the fitness or suitability of any product or service displayed on our site. Where our liability cannot be excluded, to the extent permitted by law such liability is limited to the value of the booking made.
- We recommend that all travellers obtain travel insurance against cancellation or amendment fees as well as providing sufficient medical cover.
- We always try to settle any issues or complaints quickly and fairly. Any correspondence should be sent by email Contact Us.
- Information collected when you purchase from us is used to charge your credit card and deliver your booking confirmation electronically. We may also contact you about your stay for customer service purposes or to make change any changes or cancellations to your booking.
- Adding your frequent flyer details to your booking does not indicate or guarantee that the selected fare is eligible for frequent flyer points or that the airline will award points for your flight.
*Sections B, C and D below set out additional terms and conditions for Accommodation, Flights and Holiday Package bookings.
Use of the Site
- We make every effort to ensure all information displayed on the Site is accurate; however, as considerable information is accessed from our suppliers, we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of all information nor are we able to guarantee that the Site is free of errors or faults. We reserve the right to change information published on the Site at any time. We are not liable to you or any other person for any loss in connection with the use of a linked site.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any loss or damage, however caused (including negligence), which may be directly or indirectly suffered, in connection with your use of or inability to access this site or the purchase and use of any products and services supplied via this site. This limitation of liability (whether arising under contract, tort (including negligence) or statute) applies to all damages of any kind including compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property, personal injury and claims of third parties. Under circumstances where liability cannot be excluded, such liability is limited to the value of the purchased goods or services. These terms do not affect consumer's statutory rights.
- These terms & conditions are governed by the laws in force in New South Wales, Australia and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New South Wales, Australia.
- We may change or modify all or any part of these terms and conditions by posting changes to the Site.
- Prices for hotels include all taxes, unless otherwise stated on the Site. Payment will be debited to your nominated credit card at the time the booking is placed in the total amount shown on the booking page.
- The person making the reservation and the hotel guest checking in must be over 18 years. To eliminate booking fraud, the hotel guest will need to produce photo identification to ensure their identity matches the guest named in the booking. We may request the hotel to take a copy and provide this information to us to verify the guest's check-in details. The hotel guest will also need to provide the hotel a valid credit card at check in to cover incidentals.
- If you wish to change or cancel your booking you must Contact Us. We will do our best to assist you, but cannot guarantee that changes can be made.
- The hotel's policy on cancellations will generally be displayed on the relevant property details page and booking page. Some hotels may accept a cancellation (with or without a cancellation charge) but it is entirely at their discretion. The booking fee charged by us at the time of reservation is non-refundable. For any permitted modifications or changes (inc. cancellation) to your booking We apply an administration charge per booking as set out in our Fees Schedule. If you fail to cancel a booking and do not check-in in accordance with the booking, you will be charged for up to the full amount of the booking.
- Accommodation bookings made at any of the "Secret Hotels" cannot be changed, cancelled or refunded.
- We sell hotel accommodation from an inventory supplied by each hotel and do not over-sell that inventory. We cannot accept any liability for unavailability of rooms caused by the hotel over-selling its own inventory.
- We rely on information supplied to us by the individual hotels including descriptions, ratings and visual images. Therefore we are not responsible for any variance in quality from the information supplied to us by the hotel.
Your booking with the airline
A booking placed on the Site is an offer to purchase the relevant fare/s. We will send a booking acknowledgement email to advise you that your request has been received and is being processed. A contract for the flight product arises directly between you and the airline when we send you a confirmation e-mail and itinerary indicating that your booking has been accepted. It is not until you receive a booking confirmation email from us that your seats are booked and paid and your booking with the airline is finalised. The onus rests on you to carefully check and correct any mistakes in your reservation request and in any confirmation thereof received from the airline via us.
We charge a booking fee as set out in our Fees Schedule. The booking fee will automatically be charged upon completion of the booking. The booking fee is non-refundable.
Airline flight rules
For each booking there are additional airline flight (or fare) rules which are specific to that flight. They may, for example, state that the ticket is non-cancellable or non-refundable, and have other information relating to itinerary and refunds. You should read the flight rules for each ticket. You can find the relevant flight rules on the Site when you progress through the booking path. You are responsible for complying with the airline's rules in relation to check-in times, reconfirmation of flights or other matters. We accept no responsibility for any issue arising due to non-compliance with rules set by the airline.
Fare and taxes
The flight fare price, taxes and booking fee as displayed in the booking summary are added together to form your final quotation. Prices displayed include pre-paid taxes only where specified and are subject to airline availability. Some taxes and surcharges are not pre-payable; it is your responsibility to pay these to the airline when required. Fares and taxes are subject to change and are not guaranteed until you receive a confirmation e-mail when your credit card will be charged. Any fare or tax change will be notified to you prior to you completing the booking. Upon successful confirmation you will be charged the booking price which is displayed in your final booking summary immediately before you click "Book and Pay". Airline fare conditions and class of travel can change at any time. Routing restrictions and other special conditions may apply.
Passport/ID, visa and health requirements
These are the responsibility of all individual travellers. For domestic flights the name of the booked passenger must match the passenger's photo ID provided at check-in. Passports are required for all travellers departing Australia. Permanent residents travelling on a foreign passport must hold an Australian Re-entry Visa. When you make an international flight or holiday booking it is your responsibility to ensure that the booking name appears exactly as it does in your passport and we take no responsibility for names entered in any variation other than what is on your passport and in the same order. Your are responsible for ensuring that you meet the passport, visa, health requirements of the countries you wish to visit and those that you transit (even if it is for a plane change). Many countries require that your passport should be valid for a period of (a minimum) six months from the date of arrival into that country. We will not accept any responsibility if you should be denied boarding or deported due to non-fulfillment of the above. You must ensure your Australian passport has a validity of six months after your return date to Australia. In the event that you are travelling to a country or countries which do not require a visa for Australian passport holders, you must tell us if you have been arrested or convicted in respect of any offence or breach of law. Non disclosure of this information may lead to your being refused entry on arrival in certain countries. In that event, we take no responsibility whatsoever. If you do not wish to disclose such information to us, then you must contact the embassy of each country of destination and make your own arrangements in regard to entry to that country. You are responsible for meeting each country's documentation requirements current at the time of travel.
All onward and return flights must be reconfirmed with the relevant airline at least 72 hours prior to the commencement of that leg of the journey unless specifically informed otherwise by that airline. We also take no responsibility for any flight rescheduling en route.
In the event that an accident, disaster or emergency is reported to have occurred in a country where you will or may be travelling, you authorise us to disclose to the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade details of your itinerary (including without limitation, transport and accommodation arrangements) and your contact details within Australia and overseas.
Cancellations and amendments
The airline's policy on cancellations and amendments will be displayed on the booking page. If you need to change or cancel your flight, it is your responsibility to Contact Us as soon as possible. This enables us to attempt to cancel your reservation with the airline. Some tickets are non-refundable, but can be applied (for a limited time) toward future travel, less any applicable penalties. Some tickets do not allow changes. In the majority of cases airlines will charge a cancellation fee (in some instances this may be 100% of the fare). In addition we will charge a per person administration fee for cancelled flights as set out in our Fees Schedule. Airline refunds may take up to 12 weeks to be processed by the airline and this is beyond our control. Where refunds are due to you directly from an airline, we will provide reasonable assistance to you in claiming the refund from the airline.
- The booking acknowledgement email sent to you by us is notification that the tour operator has received your request and is processing it. The availability of the holiday is checked on a regular basis; however we are unable to provide an instant availability confirmation. Please allow up to 48 hrs to confirm the availability of your holiday. We will email you as soon as we have a confirmation for you.
- If your holiday booking is confirmed to be available:
- the holiday operator will automatically process your booking and your credit card will be debited immediately;
- once done the holiday will be ticketed and at this moment there is a binding contract between you and the holiday operator for the holiday.
If the holday is not available:
- we will contact you to inform you of the nearest available alternative; and
- if the holiday operator is unable to offer you an alternative which meets your approval you can cancel your request for a holiday without having to pay a cancellation fee.
- If you wish to cancel your holiday booking you must Contact Us. We will contact the holiday operator on your behalf. As part of the terms of sale, holiday operators are not obligated to accept any cancellations and you may be charged a cancellation fee by the operator. This cancellation fee may vary between operators. We will also charge a cancellation fee per person as set out in our Fees Schedule. Once you have purchased a holiday, there may be a charge to effect other amendments if permitted by the holiday operator as set out in our Fees Schedule.
- We are not the operator of any holiday program and we are not liable for any variances in quality from the information supplied to us by the holiday provider. It is your responsibility to understand the travel, room and bedding and meal arrangements that pertain to the holiday package prior to proceeding with the booking
- When you confirm holiday bookings directly with the accommodation supplier/wholesalers, particularly where overseas calls apply, this service can incur charges.
Information we collect
The PII we collect from or about you will depend on our relationship with you, the reason for its collection and the services we are providing to you.
We collect PII when you:
- make a booking: We collect your name, email address, phone number and guest/traveler details each time you make a booking with travel.com.au. We will also collect credit card information, including card number, card type, security number, cardholder name, expiry date and issuing bank and country to pay for services purchased through travel.com.au. We may also collect frequent traveler numbers, seating preferences, passport information and other relevant information as required by the airline.
- subscribe to receive our travel offers: We collect email addresses, mobile phone numbers, names, city of residence and communications preferences from people who elect to subscribe to our travel offers.
- participate in surveys, promotions and competition: We may collect your PII when you participate in one of our surveys, promotions or competitions either conducted by us (or on our behalf) or as a prize supplier of the competition/promotion.
- contact travel.com.au: We collect PII such as your full name, email address and/or telephone number and feedback whenever you submit an enquiry or suggestion, provide feedback or comments or request assistance with a booking.
- make a reservation for a third party: When you make a reservation for someone else or purchase a gift certificate through this website, we will request PII about that person. You should obtain the consent of the other person prior to providing us with their PII and provide that individual access to this policy. Any access to view or change the PII of your travel companion(s) will be available through your booking.
- deal with third parties: We may also from time to time obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliates, related companies, business partners and other independent third party sources.
Other information we collect
- Non-PI: We may collect non-PII to help customise your user experience and provide you with offers tailored to your interests.
- Statistical information: When you visit our site, we record general information about your visit for statistical purposes. These statistics do not contain any PII.
We and our trusted third party service providers may, from time to time, use "cookies" to store your preferences, record session information and collect non-personally identifiable information on how you visit and access our web pages and newsletters. This information allows us to continually improve our services to provide you with a better overall experience.
We also use third party cookies to show you travel.com.au advertisements on other websites (remarketing). Our advertisements on other websites maybe based on destinations and products you have searched for or viewed on travel.com.au
Cookies can be deleted from your computer at any time (see your internet browser's help menu for more information), however this will remove all cookies and not just those associated with the travel.com.au site.
How we use your information
We use your PII only for the primary purpose of providing our services and communicating with you in relation to bookings and travel offers. By providing your PII to us, or otherwise allowing your PII to be collected, you consent to us using this PII for the primary purpose for which it was collected and for the following related purposes:
- Purchase travel.com.au services: Information collected when you purchase from us is used to charge your credit card and deliver your booking confirmation electronically. We may contact you about your booking with your related with related offers from us or our partners which we think may be of interest to you. We may also contact you about your stay for customer service and feedback purposes, or to make any changes or cancellations to your booking.
- Retain your details for future bookings: We may retain your PII on our files so that when you shop with us again you don’t need to re-enter your details. This makes the booking process quicker and simpler for you.
- Travel offers: We will use your PII to conduct marketing activities which may include sending you travel offers by email or SMS. We will only send our travel offers to you if you have consented to receiving them. Our newsletters may contain paid advertising material.
- Advertising: From time to time anonymous usage statistics are used by our third party advertising providers including to serve more relevant advertisements. Your PII is never shared with these parties.
- Offers tailored to your interests: Based on information you share with us, offers tailored to your interests may be shown to you on our website, in mobile apps or on third party websites, including social media platforms.
- Respond to your questions or suggestions: We will use your email address and/or telephone number to contact you when you submit a question or suggestion.
- General communications: We may use your PII to communicate with you in general.
- Market research: We may ask you to participate in market research so that we can improve the products and services we offer to you.
- Illegal activity: We may use PII for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal activities.
- Improving and promoting our services: We use PII and non-PII for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to promote our offers to other customers, to enhance the user experience and to improve the functionality and quality of your customer experience.
Who we share your information with
We do not disclose any PII except in the following circumstances:
- Travel providers: We provide the guest/passenger name, telephone number and email address for each booking made to the relevant airline or its representatives to fulfil your booking. We may also provide to the airline other relevant information collected from you. These parties require this information for the booking and may use it if they need to contact you about the booking. Although we offer flights from reputable suppliers, please always review their privacy policies prior to booking your flight.
- Third party service providers: We may share your PII with third parties we appoint to perform services on our behalf. For example, we use a technology platform provider to facilitate marketing campaigns controlled and managed by us. Our service providers are not permitted to use or share your PII for any purpose other than the purpose for which they are appointed.
- Legal obligations: We may be required by law to disclose your PII or to service providers where we are investigating a serious complaint or potential illegal acts.
- Related companies: We may share your PII with our parent company and related companies. This sharing enables us to provide you with information about travel related products which may be of interest to you. They will comply with all applicable laws in their handling of your PII and will include an unsubscribe facility in any electronic messages sent to you.
- Partner websites: If you were referred to this website from another website we may share some information about you with that referring website.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when PII about you will be shared with third parties.
Disclosure of your information overseas
Your PII may be transferred to, stored and processed overseas where those third parties with whom we share it, as described in this policy, are located. Due to the nature of the travel services offered to you many of the service providers that we deal with are located overseas. As a consequence it is not practicable to list the location of every service provider with whom we deal. We do, however, engage a third party technology platform provider based in the United States to facilitate marketing campaigns controlled and managed by us.
The recipient of your PII may be located in a country that might not provide an equivalent level of data protection. While we do take steps to help ensure that your PII is protected we cannot be responsible for how these recipients handle your PII. By providing your PII to us, you consent to our disclosure of your PII to these parties. If you have any concerns regarding the transfer of your PII overseas please contact us using the details provided below.
How you control and access your information
Subject to any exceptions provided by law, you are able to access any PII we hold about you. If we refuse your access request we will provide you with our reasons for doing so. Here's how you can control and have access to your information:
- Travel offers: If at any time you would like to either change your email address with us, update your preferences or unsubscribe from our travel deal offers you can click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email or contact us using the details set out below.
- Booking information: If at any time you would like to alter the PII you provided us in your booking, please contact us using the details set out below.
- General: Where any personal information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date or relevant you may contact us to correct that PII and we will respond to you in a reasonable time period.
How we protect your information
To ensure the confidentiality of your PII, we use leading security technology and procedures that are regularly reviewed and updated. We will never ask you to send us credit card information by email and we never store any “cvv” credit card security numbers.
We have obtained a digital certificate from Thawte Server CA, an industry leader in the protection and management of data transmission.
Our systems are configured with industry standard data encryption and firewall technology. When you send PII to us over the Internet, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
If you are concerned about how we handle your PII please contact is using the details below. We will respond to you within a reasonable time period.
If you have any questions regarding how we handle your PII please send your questions by email to email@example.com or send via post to: ACN 079 010 772 Pty Limited trading as Travel.com.au, Attention: Privacy Officer, 7 Baroona Road, Milton, Qld, 4064, Australia.